Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
baby

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weddings

Yesterday Scott and I went to a friend's wedding. He was a groomsman and I was one of the readers. The reception was in the bride's parents backyard. Luckily the rain stopped before the reception began.

I just have to say that weddings are not as much fun when you are pregnant. When I was pregnant with Claire, I attended two weddings where the alcohol flowed freely and I was stuck sipping on water. This time, not only could I not drink like everyone else, but I was also on dance restrictions from my OB. So while everyone drank heavily and danced the night away, I was a little wall flower. Scott doesn't seem to mind since he can drink as much as he wants since I am the automatic designated driver.

After 5 hours of basically sitting at the reception, I became very sore. I basically felt like my uterus was going to fall out. I hope it was just gravity, but if the soreness is still there Monday morning I am going to call my OB to make sure I am not dilating anymore.

On a hopeful note, I was talking to a wife of one of Scott's friends and she has a short cervix as well. She said they put a stitch in her at 19 weeks and put her on "house arrest" when she was 2cm dilated and she was able to make it to 39 weeks. Granted she just had one baby, but still it was hopeful to hear. She also gave me the name of her high risk OB that works out of GBMC. I may request a referral from my OB.

Not much going on today besides a potential visit from a friend and a birthday party for Claire's buddy Lexi this evening.

5 comments:

Bitter Mom said...

Want me to bring you (decaf?) coffee one day this week? Let me know!! Love the new blog!!

Becky said...

We would love visitors if you and Jordan are up for it!!!

nelly said...

i'll be praying for you becky! you'll get through it! how many weeks are you? (sorry, i couldn't work it out...)

Becky said...

Thanks for the prayers. I am 19 1/2 weeks. I gotta long way to go :-(!!!

Mandy said...

hey val...if you visit becky this week let me know. becky already has our present for jordan, but dave gave ed a present for her yesterday, so i can drop that one off too. :)