Monday, December 29, 2008
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Um, had two babies at once!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Not so much...I was supposed to lose weight!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Besides me...Debi, Melissa, Emily
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, Scott's Mom-Mom passed in February. My friend Val lost her doggie too...
5. What countries did you visit? None
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More wine...
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 13th - found out I was pregnant
May 28th- found out I was having twins and also was told I could no longer work.
September 17th - my babies arrived
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Taking care of three children by myself!
9. What was your biggest failure? I feel like I have lost everything I worked to become at work!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Three months of terrible morning sickness, Four months of "house arrest."
11. What was the best thing you bought? Minivan!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband's for picking up the slack when I was unable to do anything!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Not sure...
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills!!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having my boys!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Meesca Moosca Mickey Mouse!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter - I just had twins
c) richer or poorer? poorer, MUCH poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Had more time going out!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Sitting on couch...
20. How did you spend Christmas? At home with my family and friends...
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Oh yes, times two on September 17th.
22. What was your favorite TV program? House Hunters, 30 Rock, House
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I ain't a hater!
24. What was the best book you read?Oh goodness, I read SO many books this year. My favorites are..."The Time Traveler's Wife"-Audrey Niffenegger, "Bright Shiny Morning" - James Frey, "The Pillars of the Earth" -Ken Follett & "Escape" - Carolyn Jessup.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse soundtrack...
26. What did you want and get? A baby...I got two!
27. What did you want and not get?An uneventful pregnancy
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Shit...I haven't been to the movies since 2006!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 30! I took care of twins and a two year old!!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More money!!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Maternity
32. What kept you sane?My family & friends
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I think Anderson Cooper is sexy even if he is gay!!
34. What political issue stirred you the most? I don't get why people get all nutso over gay marriage...let them marry!!
35. Who did you miss? My dad!
36. Who was the best new person you met?Well, the boys, obviously.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Things don't always go as planned, but that is ok!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
ummm...I watch too much Playhouse Disney...but here it goes!
Oh no, no, I never go to work
Oh no, no, I never go to work
Oh no, no, I never go to work
Oh no, no, I never go to work
On Mondays, I never go to work
On Tuesdays, I stay at home
On Wednesdays, I never feel inclined
Work is the last thing on my mind
On Thursdays, it's a holiday!
And Fridays I detest
Oh it's much too late on a Saturday
And Sunday is the day of rest
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Isaac looks scared...
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Weighs 11lbs3oz /Weighs 10lbs4oz
Prefers to be nursed /Prefers bottles
Likes to be snuggled close /Likes to be held out facing the world
Never spits up /Is a spit up machine
Up EVERY 2 1/2 - 3 hours at night /Sleeps from 9-4:30 most nights
Falls right back to sleep /Wants to stay up and party
They are both cutes as a button though as evidenced by the pics below:
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
The pumpkin spice latte...even though I get it "nonfat" it all adds up! Plus every time I get a latte I HAVE to get one of the next thing
Ahhh the Starbucks pumpkin scone...I don't believe there is anything better!!
Friday, November 21, 2008
This tent system which will be fabulous outside next spring!!
This is just too dang cute...she broke her other toy stroller and this one was a lot cheaper than the toy double stroller!!
Now, I am stuck because we got Claire a bunch of cool toys and I was planning on only wrapping up diapers/wipes for the boys. This may look crappy in the Christmas video we take. Would it be dumb of me to wrap up the summer clothes I bought for them back in September on clearance?? I am sure it doesn't matter, but I am afraid they are going to be like "What the hell" years down the line!! Perhaps I should make some of Claire's toys for all three.
BTW - if anyone wants to get ME a Christmas gift...keep the wine coming!!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Claire has gotten more comfortable around the boys (see new layout pic) but still has a hard time with the crying! We have starting some potty training. She will sit on the toilet and pee. but she still won't tell us when she has to go. I guess that will just come with time! We are looking into preschools for next year. I am liking the Redeemer program (mostly because it isn't a Coop and it has some religion which she clearly isn't getting much of at home). Does anyone else know of any 3 year old programs??
Friday, October 31, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Ryan is having some gas issues! The boy is impossible to burp...you can tell he is uncomfortable too because he bears down and screams. Mylicon doesn't seem to be helping too much. Any suggestions??
I have been taking daily walks with usually 2/3 kids (my mom will watch one of the babies while I walk). Both babies seem to like the sling and bjorn (thank God), so taking Claire for a walk to the park has been pretty pleasant. I will say that sitting in my butt since May has really taking a toll on my endurance. I am getting winding so easily...it totally sucks, especially considering I have never had any problems taking long walks!
Anyway, sorry for the slacking in posts, but seriously my life has been pretty chaotic.
Also, Happy Birthday Scott...sorry your 30th isn't going to be anymore exciting than feeding babies and changing poopy diapers!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
We are feeding every three hours. One baby gets nursed while the other gets a bottle of 1/2 breastmilk 1/2 formula and then we switch for the next feeding. I try to space the feedings apart by at least 1/2 hour so I don't have two hungry babies at the same time. This has happened though...I basically nurse one while the other is propped up on my knees with a bottle. No one gets burped when this happens. Usually just when I start a feeding Claire has needs that she demands be met instantly! Oh well...hopefully I figure out a better system soon.
Thank God for help!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
I will post pics of both boys together once I upload them on my computer!
The madness begins...
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Ryan is doing well, he sometimes had difficulties with feedings...but hopefully he is maintaining or even gaining some weight.
Isaac is off CPAP and they are pulling his tube feeds today. He nursed well for 30 minutes today. Hopefully he will be strong enough to come home next week!!
Claire is adjusting to Ryan much better. She always wants to know where he is and what he is doing. She gave him a kiss yesterday too.
Here are some updated pics...
Claire being braver
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Ryan (Baby "A"): Born 9/17/08 at 3:18 pm. Weighs 5lb 2.6oz and is 18 inches long.
Isaac (Baby "B"): Born 9/17/08 at 3:19 pm. Weighs 5lb 2.4oz and is 19 inches long.
Ryan is doing very well and is breathing fine on his own. Isaac is having a little more trouble and is on CPAP (I'm pretty sure that's right), which can supply oxygen as needed. He hasn't really needed to use the oxygen, but it's there just in case. He's been struggling some with the breathing, but Scott and my mom both said that he was sounding better than he had been earlier, so that's good. Both babies are in the NICU and poor Becky won't be able to see them until tomorrow morning. Scott took me up there so I could meet them and they are both tiny, but completely adorable. They definitely favor Scott, but that's only fair since Becky already has her doppelganger in Claire Bear.
They moved Becky to her room around 6:00 and she's trying to get some rest while she can. You can call her cell phone if you would like to say hi and congrats. It was a very trying day for her, but she'll be fine. When she went to the doctor's earlier today, her blood pressure was still very high and she was already 5 centimeters dilated. The doctor said that she had to go to the hospital and that they may very well have to perform a c-section. She wasn't allowed to drive herself, so a nurse from the office actually took her. Scott met her there and I guess they didn't like what they saw once she arrived, because the next thing I know, my mom is calling me at work to say they're prepping her to go to the OR.
So, that's the story so far as I know it. Hopefully Scott will e-mail me the pictures he took when they were born and I will post them for you. Until then, happy thoughts for Becky, Ryan and Isaac.
Monday, September 15, 2008
I am so tired of being pregnant, although I am not ready for the challenge of twins either...
Yesterday, the girls came over to throw me a shower! The boys got some nice outfits for the upcoming months. The food was excellent and the conversation was interesting!
I started an Ann Tyler book recommended to me by Val, seems interesting so far...
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Book recommendations (FYI - I hate mysteries, most chick lit, Harry Potter type books and romance novels)
Friday, September 12, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
First, after much debate I have the Kolcraft Contours stroller. Scott but it together on Saturday and it is really neat! I love all the different seat options that are available. The downside is that the seat for Claire doesn't have a place for her to rest her head comfortably and that it is like a small bus. Still neat though!
We also have a double snap and go stroller which I scored off of Craigslist for dirt cheap. This should work well if I go to somewhere where Claire can walk/play and I can push the babies around.
My sister in law also gave us her Maclaren side-by-side stroller which will be good when the boys are older.
Now for the fun part..
This carrier is called the maximom twin carrier. It kinda looks like a double bjorn. It has mixed reviews online. People either can't live without it or think it is a piece of crap. I got it used on eBay. The good news is that when i am done with it, I can sell it back on eBay at the same price that I paid for it. Since it is a specialty item, there are ever only a few listed at a time with lots of bids. This carrier can be used until the boys are around 4 months old.
I also have the moby wrap from when Claire was a baby. It is a semi-complicated huge piece of fabric to tie your baby to your body. The benefit of it now is that it can do a twin hold for twin up to 3 months old. I can also use it for one until they are toddlers (apparently).
I have sling that was recommended to me by my neighbor that just had a baby. It is a ring sling with many different ways to position the baby. This obviously only hold one as well. It is called a slingezee and I haven't read a bad review anywhere. This apparently holds up to 35lbs.
I own this sling, but I think it is a piece of crap. I only used it once with Claire and it felt like I was never able to get a secure hold. It is the infantino sling. The funny thing is that I now own two of these thanks to Mandy dropping off my old one and her sister in laws old one too.
I also have the ergo carrier which gets rave reviews everywhere online. You have to wait until the baby has some head control before you use it, but it can be used on the front or the back for up to 60lbs. Apparently people swear by this carrier...I thought we would give it a try.
I also have a mei tai which can be worn in the front, back or hip. I can actually combine the ergo carrier and this and wear one on the front and one on the back. Again the baby needs to be a little older with some head control to use it. I can combine it also with the slingezee wrap to wear two at once. This one was handmade on etsy.com and can hold up to 35lbs.
I also own the playtex hip hammock. I used this a few times with Claire. I can't say that I like it all that much, but it wasn't the worst thing ever. It is for babies/toddlers 15-35 pounds (although from past experience, I was done using this when Claire was around 20 pounds).
Hopefully, the options will keep the babies happy. I will have to let you all know what worked best after I get a chance to actually use some of these. Also, hopefully with all this baby wearing I will be able to shed some pregnancy pounds!