Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
baby

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back from the hospital...

Thanks to Mandy for posting the birth of the boys! I was discharged today minus one. Isaac is still in the NICU. He is having a difficult time maintaining his breathing on his own. He is currently on CPAP on room air. He had a trial off CPAP for about 4 hours today on did okay, but not good enough to keep him off. He has Respiratory Distress Syndrome which is pretty common in preemies (especially boys) and is expected to stay in the hospital for another 2 weeks or so. It was so hard to leave him at the hospital today, but at least I know he is in good hands.


Ryan is doing fabulous. He came home with us today and was actually D/Ced from the NICU on Friday. Everyone is amazed with how well he is doing for a 34 weeker. He is nursing well, but still needs to be supplemented with a high calorie formula due to his tininess.

Baby Ryan
Baby Isaac



I will post the actual birth story and more updates later...I am just too exhausted today!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Oh how beautiful! I am so happy for you. Enjoy them!

Sarah said...

Congratulations again. They are adorable. I am so happy for you. And I am sure that Baby Isaac will do fine. Take it from the mother who had one in there for almost a month, but he is a strong little 15 month old. You'll look back and tell stories and people will be amazed that they were earlier.

Sarah said...

And if you ever find that you need to talk and you have the time e-mail me at kys99@comcast.net and I will give you my number.

Erin said...

Awww... hi babies! :)

nelly said...

so sweet!!! so happy for you becky!